Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Things that Go “Clunk”

Yesterday, Barack Hussein Obama was inaugurated as the 44th President of the United States.

Today I began to breathe normally for the first time in six weeks.

Monday I woke up to: “I ought to go back to Toronto for the Allocations Committee Meeting” of the agency that my personal assistance is attached to.

Today all the important pieces – reasonable flights, places to stay, insurance on and availability of the Dodge, etc. came together and Gabor and I will be in Camphill and Toronto from Friday night to Wednesday afternoon, meeting with my circle, and firming up arrangements to create a home base at Camphill Sophia Creek.

For three months the World Peace through Inclusion Tour has worked hard to (re)establish connection and energy so that inclusion work can flourish in this area with such rich potential.

Today, at dinner with the diversity team of the Savannah Country Day School, and based on previous connections with AWOL, Chatham-Savannah Citizen Advocacy, the Southern Collective for Inclusive Citizenship, and the First Presbyterian Church of Savannah, a multi-year project was drafted.

It’s like a slipping clutch engaged.

Judith

1 comment:

O B S E S S I V I S I O N said...

I am impressed by the topics on your blog. I thought you may want to check out
my website and blog since I am also interested in combatting stigma. I have
created an art exhibit so that other may learn the reality of what it is like to
have schizophrenia. I think you may also be interested in my anti-stigma
posters. You can check all this out at the first link below. My blog is the
second link. I plan to create a presentation (which will include my exhibit)
that will be used in colleges and high schools. I think it is important to
educated others so that they may feel empathy for those suffering instead of
fear. In addition, since I am an art director at an ad agency, I would LOVE to
create an anti-stigma campaign and present it to congress in the future. Feel
free to comment. thanks!

http://www.gaining-insight.com/
http://gaining-insight.blogspot.com/
http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=750776&category=LIFE&BCCode=LIFE&newsdate=12/17/2008