Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Power of Stories

This is the story of WPIT. This is my first blog. This is Gabor. The character in the background. The Personal Assistant. The muscle. In the story. We have been cooped up in the trailer for the last few days, on account of Judith being in bed with a severe case of laryngitis. Antibiotics, rest and lots of assisted coughing. So I was called on to write a blog this morning. I can’t hide any more. I’m a bit shy, stepping out of the shadows, still blinking from the spotlight. But don’t let that fool you. I just need to get used to it a bit.
Judith thinks she is getting better today. We have been engaged in a conversation about health and vitality over the last few days, naturally. We have been telling stories about peace and inclusion. In contrast, the story of our Tour has been one of the Maverick setting out to conquer that Monolithic Codex of Disability. A valuable heroic and romantic tale, only serving to reinforce the discourse of individual. The true power of the Tour lies in living and spreading inclusion in community. We are creating the possibility of shifting the story today. Our health and vitality restored to new powerful heights through the story that you and I and we all create. I invite you all to share your stories about Peace and Inclusion, and I will continue to bring some of our stories from my perspective from now on. Love and Light.

Gabor

1 comment:

Urban Farm said...

Gabor,
Congratulations on your first post. I trust that the discussions you and Judith have had on health and vitality assisted you both through this tricky support time.

Peace, love and vitality,
Martha