Thursday, December 11, 2008

Donation Request

I posted the message below on Facebook tonight. Readers who are not on Facebook can respond by going to CAVE - www.communitycave.com, and following the links for the World Peace through Inclusion Tour.

"Erin has done a wonderful job of setting up a Facebook "cause" for our group, and our friends. I thought I would throw in my words as well, to set a context that I realize some may not know.

First, what is this World Peace through Inclusion thing?!?

I notice lately that there are many peace initiatives and that is GREAT. More and more people realize you can't fight for peace. They are creating different pathways to that goal. That's important because peace is wholistic, inner and social, experienced in mind, body, heart and relationships. Certainly peace is created and certainly there is more than one way to make it present.

For over twenty years I grew in understanding that when people take on the challenge of being inclusive - building relationships and community from diverse ability - they became more peaceful, almost as a by-product.

For most of that time I ignored what I was learning. Afterall I am an inclusionist, not a peace activist!

Finally, I have been confronted with what I know, what I want in the world, and my ultimate responsibility to say what I see. Inclusion can lead to World Peace.

And so I have sold my house, bought a trailer and accessible van, and set off to figure out how to get this simple, important vision planted in the world.

First stop is Savannah, and there we have stayed for complex reasons. Please read the blog for details.

In the meantime - and here comes message #2 - various potential sources of income to sustain Erin - the publicist, Gabor - the personal assistant/roadie, and myself - the spokesperson - the $$ sources are slow to come through. Chief of these is the source of Gabor's wages, and he is currently working for nothing while I am paying people who give him a break from 24/7 from my credit card.

As Erin recently posted, the transfer payment agency who receives about $1800 a week from the Ministry of Health in Ontario in order to pay my personal assistants is refusing to pay Gabor. I have met the conditions but the agency has not yet restarted his wages.

We are broke. Going home is not an easy alternative because it would interrupt the ground work that I have spent weeks and months putting in place.

On top of that, I have no home to go back to. I needed to make a complete shift to make the Tour happen and so there is no house and there are no personal assistants in place either in Toronto where I lived for 37 years or Barrie where I will eventually live in the Sophia Creek Camphill community.

We have an urgent need for $3000 to meet upcoming personal assistance costs. Thereafter this will not be an ongoing expense if the transfer agency is persuaded to keep its commitment. After that I will have more income from work, but there will still likely be unmet expenses associated with Erin's work and with other daily costs of keeping going.

Please donate if you can, and pass the word along. Someone out there will think this is an exciting fulfilling way to spend the abundance they have!"

Warmly; Judith Snow

No comments: