Monday, December 15, 2008

A Weepy Moment

Perhaps this isn’t the best moment to write in the blog. I’m hungry, there’s someone’s sentimental music playing nearby and – I’m not cold! (We’re in Atlanta where there is an unusual warm spell happening!)

Gabor participated in the Landmark Forum this weekend. Many of my stresses have melted as I realize what a strong foundation I have in his renewed, now fully intentional commitment to BE my personal assistant. I am tired with the tired that comes from relief after a long, hard march. And I am joyful.

As can only ultimately be explained as a mystery, but yet has happened again and again to me when I or a friend of mine has participated in the Landmark Forum, the tide of my future and present has turned forcefully. Many have joined “the cause” – a Facebook fundraising strategy, while I have been promised an early honorarium cheque from Chatham Savannah Citizen Advocacy.

Gabor shared in the Landmark Forum about the World Peace through Inclusion Tour, and now we are preparing over 200 cards to hand out to willing recipients tomorrow night as he completes his final session.

Gabor met a woman, Sharon, in the Landmark Forum who has offered us free accommodations in Atlanta, in the heart of an intentional community that offers peace generating education to children and refuge to animals, artists and aging hippies. This community – The Hearth, (http://www.thehearthcommunitycenter.com) – feels like home!

Over the weekend Erin and Bill Worrell, coordinator of my circle, took on the transfer payment agency, and actually have worked out a mutual strategy that may get the wage money flowing again.

DeKalb Atlanta Citizen Advocacy coordinator and her assistant also offered shelter, and are participating in inviting participants to a discussion led by Gabor and I about creating peace in community, organized today, and to be held this Wednesday evening.

So in a matter of five days the finances are turning around, hundreds have heard or soon will hear the message of world peace through inclusion, my own circle is stepping up and I am back in the bosom of Landmark Education graduates, the only community in which I have ever felt free.

I am experiencing a sense of power that has been missing for many, many weeks.

Judith

1 comment:

Emily said...

Sounds good! I am really pleased to hear that things seem to be taking a better turn for you now, and that everyone's spirits sound better!

That intentional community sounds great; I've always liked the idea of intentional communities.